Thursday, February 5, 2009

Vintage Fair, Pizza, Florence in Sunlight



We went to the Vintage Fair, which was basically a flea market of wonderful vintage clothes. I bought vintage glasses frames! Which I then proceeded to wear all day, until my friend Kate came over for dinner and said, with mild disgust, "Nice hipster glasses." Yo Whatever. I love them. And they got me lots of strange looks from the hot Italian business men at the pizzeria where we went to lunch, at which I ate the best pizza on the planet, Pizza Frutti di Mare:



I was torn between this pizza and a vegetable pizza, but when this came out, I knew I had made the right choice. Perfectly cooked mussels, shrimp, cockles, and calamari lay on a paper thin crust with a simple tomato puree. Heaven.

After lunch, we took a walk to get gelato and ended up by the Arno. It was finally sunny, and I couldn't resist a few pictures.



1 comment:

Lexie said...

THAT PICTURE OF YOU
IS SO FANTATIC
ON SO MANY LEVELS
THAT I WANT TO MAKE IT MY BACKGROUND

Only, I'm not that creepy.

But really, GREAT picture.