Monday, June 15, 2009

FmL

So after seriously, seriously strict dieting since the day I got home (cutting down to 18 points a day, which is something around 1600 calories) I finally got the nerve to weigh myself. And I have gained two pounds. I don't understand. Why am I bothering to diet if I'm just going to gain weight? Now I'm up to ten pounds heavier than when I left for Italy. I thought that by coming home and just not eating gelato and pasta every day would help me lose weight. Nope, apparently cutting calories and working out every day actually makes you gain weight! Surprise!

Fuck this shit. I'm getting my thyroid checked. Maybe there's something wrong with me. It does run in the family, after all. And for now I'm eating 12 points a day.

2 comments:

Lexie said...

Alex, if you're working out every day you're probably building muscle. Thus, "gaining" weight.
When I tried to lose all the weight I gained freshman year (and the following summer, ew) during sophomore year, I gained weight first, and then lost all of it. Weight loss isn't something that happens in a week or two, it's something you'll have to work at all summer.
With that said, YOU'RE NOT FAT. I don't hang out with fat people.
haha but seriously, you are beautiful and you always look fantastic. <3

Lauren said...

yeah, what Lexie said, muscle weighs more than fat. How your clothes fit is a better standard to go by than the scale. dont STRESS!!!

you look good. and i know you do.