Monday, December 8, 2008

Hijinks

I didn't leave the room once yesterday. Actually, I went downstairs to get the paper. So I left the room once, but I didn't leave the building once. I spent the whole doing work and when I wasn't doing work eating ice cream and watching Carnivale on the internets. I'm completely addicted to that show now, which is a bit unfortunate due to my inclination to watch it a) instead of writing my final sociology paper that is due thursday but that I have to finish before wednesday night because I have a take home final wednesday night and b) right before bed, which makes it difficult to sleep when the last image left in my mind is a dancer from the carnival who was lynched by crazy miners who then carved HARLOT into her forehead (just like in the Bible!). So I had to get in bed and listen to some happy music (Fairytale of New York, which for some reason always makes me happy even though it's definitely not a happy song) and read for a bit, and by the time I calmed down enough to go to bed it was 12:30 and I was too fucking cold to fall asleep. So after covering myself in 50 million blankets, I woke up at 5:00 burning up. I took off all but one blanket, was comfortable, and fell asleep for a remaining one hour. I'm now so, so tired.

3 comments:

Caitlin said...

when does the 'harlot' thing happen in the bible?
i love that there are such insane gruesome stories like that in the bestselling book of all time.

Alex said...

It was a reference to the whore of Babylon: "And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH" Revelations 17:5.

Caitlin said...

wow. drama drama, revelations.