Thursday, December 18, 2008

My (Ideal) Christmas List

1) The book 2666 by Roberto Bolano.
2) This: http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/urban/catalog/productdetail.jsp?itemdescription=true&itemCount=60&startValue=1&selectedProductColor=&sortby=&id=15956956&parentid=W_ACC_SCARVES&sortProperties=+product.marketingPriority,-product.startDate&navCount=288&navAction=poppushpush&color=
3) A ton of money for Italy.
4) This: http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/urban/catalog/productdetail.jsp?itemdescription=true&itemCount=60&startValue=1&selectedProductColor=&sortby=&id=15439060&parentid=W_APP_VESTS&sortProperties=+product.marketingPriority,-product.startDate&navCount=60&navAction=poppushpush&color=
5) A new perfume, preferably Bond No. 9's Bleecker Street, or, for a slightly less damaging-to-your-wallet choice, L'Occitane Amber travel sized ($17! Secret Santa !!!)
6) A life time supply of Edy's Slow Churn, with a handy new refrigerator to put it in (Still need to try the Samoas flavor, that Maddy so kindly texted me two days ago to tell me was HEAVENLY - with REAL pieces of Samoas!).
7) A recording of the complete works of Ernest Bloch.
8) While we're on the topic of Ernest Bloch, the sheet music for Bal Shem. I want to learn a lot of small pieces next semester. So add Clair de Lune by Debussy to that list. And I'll find some other ones.
9) An A in all my classes except Not-for-Profit-Management, cause even Christmas Miracles aren't that miraculous.
10) A good Italy guidebook.
11) Dinner at Momofuku Ko. Oh wait, none of you have $200 dollars for both of us? Cause I'd expect someone to come with me.... sigh, why are we so resolutely middle class?
12) Fun headbands. A few thinner ones I can wear around my forehead.

Umm yeah I think that might be it. So get to it, kiddies.

Jk, jk.

(maybe)

No comments: